It was swimming day, I haven't got a lot of time for English. But I found a poem by Edgar Poe (I'm reading macmillan readers: Seven stories of mystery and horror by Edgar Alan Poe) Take this kiss upon the brow ! And, in parting from you now, Thus much let me avow — Возьми этот поцелуй над бровью Расставание с тобой Позволяет мне признаться brow [brau] – бровь part [pɑːt] – (written) to separate from someone, or end a relationship with them (расставаться, прощаться, разлучаться): He has parted from his wife. thus [ðʌs] – так, таким образом avow [ə’vau] – (formal) to make a public statement about something you believe in (признавать, заявлять) You are not wrong, who deem That my days have been a dream; Yet if hope has flown away In a night, or in a day, In a vision, or in none, Is it therefore the less gone? Ты не ошиблась, полагая, Что моя жизнь была сном Если же надежда улетела Ночью или днем Как образ или как ничто Ее же таким об...
Комментарии