blogPost#25

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/radio/specials/1210_how_to_converse/page16.shtml#quiz

How to tell a story

Original version
The other morning I was having a shower and there was a knock at the door. I was expecting a package so I jumped out of the shower, dripping wet, and threw on my bathrobe. I rushed to the front door, which was locked, so I tried to find my keys, which was very difficult because I still had soap in my eyes from the shower. I finally found my keys and opened the door but it wasn't the postman at the door. It was my mother and she gave me a very strange look because not only was I still dripping wet and covered in soap, I was actually wearing my wife's bathrobe, which is pink and fluffy. When I'd jumped out of the shower my eyes had been so covered in soap that I must have grabbed hers instead of mine. Anyway, my mother walked in and in a voice that could freeze fire said "I hope you're not taking me out to lunch dressed like that."

Alternative version
Well, in the morning I'm having a shower and there is a knock at the door. I'm expecting a package so I jump out of the shower, dripping wet, and throw on my bathrobe. I rush to the front door, which is locked, so I try to find my keys, which is very difficult because I still have soap in my eyes from the shower. I finally find my keys and open this door but it isn't the postman at the door. It's my mother and she gives me a very strange  look because not only am I still dripping wet and cover in soap. I'm actually wearing my wife's bathrobe, which is pink and fluffy. When I jumped out of the shower my eyes were so covered in soap that I must have grabbed hers instead of mine. Anyway, in walks my mother and in a voice that can freeze fire say: "I hope you're not talking me out to lunch dressed like that"

Комментарии

Популярные сообщения из этого блога

Low Marks Again

HW#2

About photos